- This event has passed.
Break Away 5K Virtual Race Hosted by Care Lodge Domestic Violence Shelter
October 11, 2020 @ 8:00 am - October 17, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and Care Lodge wants to invite you and those within your circle to map your route and log your time as you help raise awareness about domestic violence!
The pandemic has been a great challenge for many as they attempt to become safe from abuse. Proceeds from this race will be used to help victims with their immediate needs as they leave unsafe situations.
Register and run the 5K during the qualifying period (October 11th-17th, 2020)
Registration fee is included with shirt costs based on the style you chosen. Click this link to register for the race today! Place your order before September 17th so you can wear it on the day of the race!*
*Shirts will be available after the cutoff date for a limited time but purchases after 9/17 may not be delivered before the day of the race.
Two ways to submit your time:
- If you have a Facebook account, post a screenshot of your distance and time to the 5K event page, or
- Send a screenshot of your distance and time to email@example.com and put “Virtual 5K Results” in the subject line
Special awards will be given for:
- Fastest 5K run time (male and female)
- Fastest 5K walk time
- Best “Break Away 5K” photo
- Best GPS Art made from your mapped route