In 2018, the National Domestic Violence Hotline documented 1,161 contacts from Mississippi. The state ranks 35th
in terms of contact volume to The Hotline. The Hotline provides crisis intervention, safety planning, referrals, and Domestic Violence (DV) and Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) education for these contacts.
The information provided below is based on the hotline’s contacts documented January to December 2018. Contact documented refers to the calls and online chats where a location was self-disclosed by the caller or chatter.
What Victims Are Experiencing
Victim Requested Services
- Emotional/ Verbal Abuse 97%
- Physical Abuse 75%
- Economic/Financial Abuse 27%
- Digital Abuse 17%
- Sexual Abuse 12%
- Domestic Violence Shelter 38.3%
- Legal Advocacy 26.7%
- Individual Professional Counseling 20.7%
- Domestic Violence Support Groups 11.6%
- Legal Representation 6.8%
- Protective/Restraining Orders 8.4%